Show me the impact | Weekly Roundup
- Storytelling is hot hot hot (cue cheesy dance music) in nonprofit communications these days. Stay on the cutting edge with Debra Askanase’s post on infographics and how nonprofits are using them to tell compelling stories to supporters.
- Speaking of infographics, here’s a fun (and useful) one from Moontoast that talks through all the ways your Facebook fans might engage with you online.
- LinkedIn announced a new profile section this week: volunteer experience. Check out Katya Andreson’s advice for how you and your organization can make the most of the changes.
- A creative thank-you message can go a long way toward helping your donors feel connected and involved. On her blog, Beth Kanter shares a good example of how charity:water uses video messages to say “thanks” through social media.
- Twitter reported this week that they’ve reached a new milestone: 100 million active users. The 140-character mindset is taking over.
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Liz (@elizabethricca) and Maddy (@maddymilan) take turns sharing useful links and other nonprofit fun.