Quality tweets and DIY video | Weekly Roundup
- You only have 140 characters: use them well. Check out these thoughts from Mashable on how to craft a high-quality tweet.
- Speaking of quality tweets, Socialbrite highlights the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation’s great use of Twitter as an advocacy tool. Their app lets you enter your zip code and use the resulting hashtags and links to target your representatives in Congress.
- In this economy, do-it-yourself is the new black. First, check out this list of great cause-related videos for inspiration, and then review tips from See3 Communications on how to produce one of your own.
- The Connections blog points out five mistakes common to nonprofit websites. Is your website guilty of any of these?
- CNN has identified the 12 different types of Facebook personalities. Does your nonprofit belong in one of these categories? (I’m totally a lurker.)
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Check out my Delicious bookmarks for more noteworthy links.