Tweets away! | Weekly Roundup
- Here’s a twofer of practical Twitter advice to brighten your Monday: tips from Beth Kanter for crafting an effective Twitter bio, and thoughts from Marc Pitman on how to create and use Twitter lists.
- Looking for a quick way to step up your nonprofit’s online communications? Try becoming a better listener. Christina Johns on Kivi’s Nonprofit Communications Blog offers suggestions for setting up a dashboard so you can track your online mentions and messages in style.
- Good news for nonprofits that use Facebook Causes: you can now easily create a customizable Causes tab for your Facebook Page.
- Bring a little spring cleaning to your email templates with this handy list of tips for effective email design from Chad White on Email Insider.
- On Frogloop blog, Allyson Kapin explains the ins and outs of group text messaging–what it is, how nonprofits might use it, and what tools you should check out to get started. A word of caution: if you decide to dive in, I recommend establishing your group etiquette up front. I got my family started on group texting recently, and I now get about 75 messages a day…
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. For more noteworthy links, follow me on Twitter @elizabethricca.