Socializing online | Weekly Roundup
- According to recent statistics, women outnumber men on most social networking sites, including Twitter and Facebook (here’s a pretty picture showing the gender breakdown for each site). All the social ladies! (All the social ladies.)
- Is your organization already blogging, or at least thinking about getting a blog together someday? Tips and advice to guide your thinking as you refine your strategy or get one rolling.
- Online fundraising tips and waterfowl-related punning. How could we resist?
- Looking for some inspiration for your next campaign? Peruse this list of noteworthy social media efforts from our nonprofit neighbors Down Under.
- Twitter decided late last week to feature some prominent individuals and organizations from the nonprofit world on its Suggested Users list, giving a big follower boost to the chosen accounts. Nonprofits and social media are feeling the love. (Check out the NYTimes article from June for more on the implications of being named to the list.)
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Check out my Delicious bookmarks for more noteworthy links.