In the mood for buzz | Weekly Roundup
- In case you haven’t heard, there’s a new social network in town. Is Buzz a Twitter-killer? Should Facebook be running scared? No one knows (although some people think they do). While you’re watching the drama unfold, make sure your nonprofit has claimed a Gmail address and that you’ve set up your Google profile.
- Happy sixth birthday, Facebook. My, you’re awfully big for your age. Check out this very interesting information visualization from Muhammad Saleem depicting Facebook’s growth (did you know that about 200 million people log into Facebook every day? That’s about 2/3 the size of the U.S. population).
- All this data is making Facebook ads sound pret-ty appealing right about now. If you’ve considered factoring a Facebook ad campaign into your fundraising or advocacy efforts, this detailed how-to from Nonprofit Tech 2.0 is a must-read.
- Kaitlin LaCasse at Idealware shares examples of a few nonprofits who’ve set up online “dashboards” to monitor progress toward key goals (fundraising, memberships, you name it). Fun with online tools can be practical, too!
- Your organization has it’s social media game face on. But is your executive director ready to tweet? Beth Kanter shares some examples of EDs and CEOs who blog or tweet, as well as some tips to help you decide when it’s time to push your executive leadership into the deep end of the social media pool.
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Check out my Delicious bookmarks for more noteworthy links.