Groups are back | Weekly Roundup
- Facebook Groups are back, and they have a shiny new coat of paint. Learn more about the changes on All Facebook, and consider: what effect will the new groups have on your organization’s social media strategy?
- Year-end appeals are in the air–is your website spruced up for the season? Make sure your most important online tool is ready to go with this helpful checklist from Michael Hoffman on See What’s Out There.
- She may not be very active online, but according to Alan Sharpe, your grandma is the key to successful email fundraising. Write your nonprofit’s emails as though you were writing to a family member, and you’ll have better success engaging your readers.
- Is your nonprofit thinking about launching a Twitter campaign? Check out these ideas and guidelines from Diana Scimone, drawn from her Twitterthon hosting experiences.
- Turn your volunteers into an effective part of your nonprofit’s fundraising strategy with these tips from Event 360 on Engaging Volunteers blog.
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Follow me on Twitter @elizabethricca for more noteworthy links.