Farewell, ’09 | Weekly Roundup
- Can your nonprofit afford to participate in online philanthropy contests? Kjerstin Erickson reminds us that free comes with a cost.
- In this season of holiday appeals, Jeff Brooks offers a timely reminder to nonprofit fundraisers that big numbers aren’t necessarily the best way to capture a donor’s heart and mind.
- Does your nonprofit’s website have a favicon? Nancy E. Schwartz explains what they are and why you should have one on her Getting Attention blog.
- In the spirit of the holidays, Facebook and Google have both decided to forego parties and corporate gift-giving and make sizable donations to nonprofits instead. Has your household changed any of its usual year-end giving traditions in response to the recession?
- New Year’s Eve: biggest day of the year for nonprofit fundraising online. No pressure.
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Check out my Delicious bookmarks for more noteworthy links.