Email on the move | Weekly Roundup
- On Frogloop, Allyson Kapin explains some of the ways our email habits are evolving, particularly with respect to mobile devices. How will your online audience’s needs and expectations change as a result?
- So you wanna start an online community for your nonprofit? Make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons—and with the right plan in place—with this helpful list of questions from Ashleigh Lambert on BeaconfireWire.
- Whether you’re tweeting or speaking or writing a brochure, storytelling is an important tool for making connections with your supporters. On her blog, Maureen Carruthers offers some concrete advice for weaving stories into your nonprofit’s marketing materials.
- How do you measure your nonprofit’s social media success? Here’s a useful model from Nate Elliott of Forrester Research for figuring out which metrics are most important to track and deciding what level of detail to share with your organization’s leadership.
- And finally…numbers! My favorite. Check out Blackbaud’s recently-released 2010 Online Giving Report for trends, benchmarks, and other interesting info on the state of online fundraising in the past year.
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Follow me on Twitter @elizabethricca for more noteworthy links.