Bye bye, Brittanica | Weekly Roundup
- There’s been a lot of chatter about viral video this past week in the wake of Invisible Children’s super-popular Kony 2012 video from Invisible Children. If your organization is thinking of following their lead, keep in mind that these word of wisdom from Jeff Brooks: viral video isn’t right (or successful) for everyone.
- Make your website more search-friendly with these link-building tips from Brian Honigman on Engaging Volunteers.
- If your nonprofit uses Facebook Events to communicate with supporters, Facebook just rolled out some updates that you should know about–check out this post explaining the tweaks.
- Could your online donation experience use a fresh coat of paint? Nonprofit Tech 2.0 rounds up some of the best practices for engaging donors through your website.
- It’s a sign of the times–the print edition of the Encyclopaedia Brittanica is set to be discontinued and will exist only online. Brings back many fond memories of elementary school research papers…
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Liz (@elizabethricca) and Maddy (@maddymilan) take turns sharing useful links and other nonprofit fun.