Be all that you can be (online) | Weekly Roundup
- Your nonprofit’s emal list is a critical tool–keep it sharp with these tips from Amy Sample Ward on growing your list, testing your messages, segmenting your audiences, and more.
- If most of your nonprofit’s passwords are variations on your org’s name and address, you may want to check out this Wild Apricot blog post about crafting and tracking strong passwords–important for individuals and organizations alike.
- On your next birthday, give yourself the gift of warm, fuzzy feelings by starting a Birthday Wish Cause on Facebook to benefit your favorite nonprofit. Pamela Grow offers some advice for running a smart birthday Causes campaign, as well as thoughts for how nonprofits can recruit and encourage more birthday donors.
- If you or a nonprofit you love are just getting started in social media, check out this post from Heidi Cohen of Riverside Marketing Strategies to help you navigate the waters.
- Thinking of trying your hand at online advertising for your organization? Don’t forget the ROI. Here’s a meaty, helpful post from Brett Meyer at NTEN with a play-by-play description of how nonprofits can use Google Analytics to track the success of online ads.
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. For more noteworthy links, follow me on Twitter@elizabethricca