The officially official guide to Facebook | Weekly Roundup
- The official Facebook guide to building a presence for causes and nonprofits has been updated! Everything you’ve ever needed to know about Insights, administrators, and cover photos is now in one package. Click here to get your hands on it.
- With more than a few nonprofits relying on Google Alerts to keep their ear to the ground, you might be saddened to learn that Google is sending Alerts to the great big internet farm in the sky. Never fear, Mashable has some alternative services so you can stay on top of the conversation.
- If you’re itching to get your org’s message floating through the Twitterverse but can’t seem to rack up any retweets, try one of these tweets that Nonprofit Tech 2.0 guarantees will get traction.
- Who’s doing what, where, and how often? Finally, a top-level look at the demographics of the most popular social networks. Find out whether your suspicions about Pinterest being populated entirely by women are correct over at Media Bistro’s All Twitter blog.
- You’ve completed 80% of this week’s round-up. Now get to 100% by learning how the psychology behind the progress bar can help you engage with supporters online. Check out the post from Kissmetrics with some great examples of progress bars from around the web.
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications.