Sending out an SOS | Weekly Roundup
- It’s a grim diagnosis: SOS. Yes, Shiny Object Syndrome. Worried you or your organization might be suffering from it? Razoo’s got some tips on how to avoid it.
- Facebook isn’t just for finding friends anymore – now, veterans and their family members can get connected with life-saving resources on the social network, says Mashable.
- Over at the Harvard Business Review blog, Alison Fine deconstructs what it means to be “professional” when your life is an open book online.
- Engagement is the name of the game, and one of the first lessons in nonprofit social media 101, says NPR.
- Have you graduated to a social media level 201 class? Consider diving into a Twitter chat with your followers. It’s a low-impact but authentic way to get to know your supporters. Social Media Examiner shares 5 tips for success.
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications.