Project Website | Weekly Roundup
- On Katya’s Non-profit Marketing Blog, Katya Andreson shares her list of must-have elements of a good nonprofit homepage and takes a look at a recent successful nonprofit website makeover. Ineffective websites are so last summer.
- While we’re on the subject, how will you know when your nonprofit’s website is due for a new look? eJewish Philanthropy highlights some of the reasons it might be time for a redesign.
- And don’t forget to accessorize: no website is complete without a great URL. If you’re venturing out into the World Wide Web for the first time or just relaunching your site, these tips from Marc Pitman at The Fundraising Coach on choosing an effective URL might come in handy.
- It’s cold and flu season. What better time to plan for some viral fundraising? Joe Garecht shares some of the key symptoms of a successful viral campaign on A Small Change.
- Social media is the future, and Shannon Aronin shares some reasons why on Buzzmarketing Daily. (At a panel this afternoon for social media week, Ari Wallach suggested that asking whether nonprofits should be on social media is like asking whether nonprofits should have websites back in 1995.)
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Check out my Delicious bookmarks for more noteworthy links.