1 min Read
July 2, 2009
Frolic at the carnival, or veg out by the TV | Weekly Round-up
It’s a short week, but there’s no shortage of interesting stuff going on with nonprofits online. Happy 4th!
- In the spirit of summer, the June 2009 Nonprofit Blog Carnival has arrived! This month’s edition is hosted by Wild Apricot on the subject of nonprofit technology. (I’m blogging about a blog roundup in a blog roundup…so many layers…)
- A new hub is here for those who want to learn and share about online social tools and how you can use them to bring about social change: Socialbrite.org.
- Does mere contemplation of the places you’re trying to build relationships online (Twitter…Facebook…LinkedIn…all those blogs…) fill you with fatigue? A great post from Chris Brogan offers tips for breaking it down into bite-sized chunks.
- NBC’s The Philanthropist has premiered! And it’s all about philanthropy! It’s playing to mixed reviews within the nonprofit sector, though. What did you think?
- If you have fewer than 1,000 Facebook fans and couldn’t claim a vanity URL for your page in the initial turmoil, now’s your chance! As of last Sunday night, you’ll be able to create a custom URL (e.g. www.facebook.com/bigducknyc) for any fan page with over 100 fans.