Cat videos, lip syncs… and your ad? | Weekly Roundup
- Have you tried advertising on YouTube before? With 100 hours of footage being uploaded every minute, chances are that your supporters are watching some videos over there. Check out Search Engine Watch’s 9 steps to start running ads on YouTube.
- We’ve all been there. You’re struck with a brilliant idea for a Facebook update, you quickly create and post it, and anxiously wait for likes and comments to pour in. And they never do! The Open Forum feels your pain, and pulled together a list of the ten reasons why you might not be getting those likes.
- Friends don’t let friends do social media wrong. Get back to basics and check out Frogloop’s post on doing social media the right way.
- Because like it or not, almost all of your supporters have a smartphone, it’s time to start thinking about mobile. The Stanford Social Innovation review has six marketing strategies to get you up and running.
- Looking to spend some time on an website revamp during the dog days of summer? Bad Language has 15 ways that you can improve your homepage – take note!
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications.