Breakfast tacos and Grumpy Cat | Weekly Roundup (SXSW edition)
- Need a gameplan for attacking that small tech conference down south? Ad Council’s blog has a great roundup for you, covering everything from where to eat to how to power up.
- You might have heard some social media buzz about a little get-together this weekend down in Texas. Whether you’re there or you’re in charge of organizing events for your nonprofit, SmallAct has a great checklist for using social media during a conference or event.
- If it’s a day that ends in ‘day’, you can bet that Facebook unveiled some newsfeed changes. Here’s the latest update to the social network, along with some tips from Hubspot about how to optimize your content strategy and take advantage of the new layout.
- Have you tried your hand at social fundraising yet? Beth Kanter’s got a rundown of the latest ways nonprofits are taking advantage of crowdfunding, and some best practices you can take away.
- Still trying to build buy-in for social media at your organization? These seven benefits to engaging with your supporters online from Social Capital, Inc. make a solid case for a strong presence.
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications.