Members of Big Duck’s staff offer capacity- and skills-building workshops and trainings online and in-person. We regularly speak at conferences (keynotes and sessions) and facilitate customized trainings for nonprofits, grantmakers, and on behalf of partners, including developing and delivering curricula for nonprofit training academies.
- Balancing proactive and reactive communications during a crisis
- Brandraising (overview and masterclasses)
- Brand architecture
- Building buy-in for communications
- Building your nonprofit’s communications engine
- Capital campaigns communications
- Communications team structures
- Communications and your strategic plan
- Content planning and management
- Crafting your organization’s vision, mission, and messaging
- Creating donor communications or marketing plans
- Creating major donor collateral
- Determining the board’s role in branding
- Developing your nonprofit’s personality
- Facilitating great meetings online
- Fundraising and donor communications in uncertain times
- Getting to know your audiences
- Getting your brand to stick internally
- Increasing visibility
- Is it time to change your nonprofit’s name?
- Navigating external communications during this time of crisis
- Setting communications strategies and tactics
- Strengthen the connection between branding and fundraising
- Writing and designing for major donors
Content can be customized and adapted to various lengths. To see our training in action, view a selection of recorded webinars here.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Big Duck is a values-driven and woman-owned business. We celebrate equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team, with our clients, and among our partners, including those who hire us for speaking engagements.
We intentionally try to form and participate in panels composed of diverse groups of people across the intersections of race, ethnicity, immigration status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, able-bodiedness, and other identities and backgrounds.
We evaluate each speaking request and prioritize opportunities that amplify voices that are typically underrepresented. We also encourage our partners to create rosters with this intentionality and are eager to help make that happen across the nonprofit sector.
Big Duck’s fees for speaking vary based on the audience, level of customization, and travel requirements.
If you’d like to explore having us speak, please fill out the form below with any relevant dates and details or call 718-705-8092.