FREE Nonprofit Communications Advice??!!? | Weekly Roundup
- Improve your email open rate–avoid Kerri Karvetski’s six cardinal sins of email subject lines (unlike the title of this post).
- With Timeline being rolled out to all Facebook Pages at the end of this month, the nonprofit interwebs were abuzz with advice on how best to customize your organization’s timeline this week, including these useful posts from Ash Shepherd, Heather Mansfield, and Nancy Schwartz (to name but a few).
- As we keep saying here on the roundup, good communications are all about knowing your audience. Understand your organization’s audiences better with these two (yes, two) posts from Kivi Leroux Miller on using poll and survey research–both your own and other organizations’.
- Do your nonprofit’s communications leave supporters (and clients and partners and everyone else) with an accurate and positive impression of your organization? If not, Georgia Everse’s four steps to building a strategic communications capability might be just the thing you’re looking for.
- And finally, whatever else you think about the KONY 2012 video, it sure as heck “went viral.” Abigail Collazzo tells us why over at Social Media Today.
Visit the Duck Call every Monday for our weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Liz (@elizabethricca) and Maddy (@maddymilan) take turns sharing useful links and other nonprofit fun.