Build a communications plan for your nonprofit
Hosted by Montana Nonprofit Association
September 28, 2022 10:05 am–September 28, 2022 4:30 pm
Between never-ending ‘to-do’ lists and new communications channels popping up every day, it can be hard to find the time to stop and look at the bigger picture. During this interactive, full day workshop, Farra Trompeter, co-director of Big Duck, will help you develop or update your organization’s plan to guide your communications activities. We’ll explore your goals, audiences, channels, and more with lots of hands-on exercises and sharing.
Throughout the session, you will develop elements of your marketing plan and receive steps to put it into action, including a template you can customize and share with your colleagues.
This workshop will help you:
- Set a primary goal to guide your plan and select two measurable objectives
- Create a profile based on the motivations of a current or prospective desired audience member
- Apply new strategies and tactics to your own communications plans
- Assign roles and responsibilities for your team
- Start mapping out a timeline for putting the plan into action
Who should attend?
Communications and development staff from nonprofit organizations who need a clear communications strategy, plan, and calendar. While we will focus on general marketing and communications, the plan can certainly be adapted to focus on donor communications.