Turf wars to love connection: Get your teams to stops fighting like cats and dogs
This interactive session at Fundraising Day New York 2019 tackled questions commonly challenging development communications teams, such as “Who manages the brand?” and “Who knows your key audiences best?”
Check out the resources shared and download the presentation below.
Theory behind the session
- Fundraising professionals and communications professionals sometimes find themselves confused or at odds over various aspects of engaging an organization’s constituents
- We believe that collaboration is the key to strong fundraising and will ultimately help both fundraisers and communicators to better perform and achieve an organization’s mission
Theory in action
Teams can better work together by:
- Settling debates by focusing on audiences
- Creating purpose statements for each department
- Using shared editorial or marketing calendars to plan across departments
Download the presentation
Click here for a PDF.