Find your Place in the online world | Weekly Roundup
- Your emails are a key part of your nonprofit’s online communications–don’t trust them to just anyone. These guidelines from Nancy Schwartz on Network for Good will help you through the tricky business of finding the right email service provider for your organization.
- Mobile fundraising is bigger than just text-to-donate. On Socialbrite, Ben Rigby of The Extraordinaries explains the many ways nonprofits can incorporate mobile technology into their fundraising strategies.
- Establishing your organization’s Twitter profile or setting up a blog is just the beginning. To make it in social media, you have to have something of value to say. But what to write? Plan your content with these helpful questions from Jason Falls on Social Media Explorer.
- Quick–tell me why your nonprofit is awesome, in 30 seconds or less. Tongue-tied? Next time, have your elevator pitch at the ready with these tips from The More Donors Blog. (Hat tip to Joanne Fritz of Joanne’s Nonprofits Blog for the link.)
- Have you claimed your nonprofit’s Facebook Places page? Yes, there’s another page to claim–this screencast from John Haydon will show you the steps.
A weekly roundup of interesting reads from the online world of nonprofit communications. Follow me on Twitter @elizabethricca for more noteworthy links.